[UK-CONTEST] ARRL CW

Colin Wilson colin at sheffield-live.co.uk
Tue Feb 23 05:35:10 PST 2010

All

Interesting story John what with the BERU up next for us, as an ex
professional I recall you should not TX faster than one can RX!  I too have
experienced this on many a CW contest and its not clever nor is it good
practice.  On the other foot many call in faster than you TX and expect to
be read!  None of this will encourage new CW ops to take part in contesting
so we need to remember that not everyone can read 35wpm and you are
therefore probably missing some points! For me I think a good  CQ rate is
between 26-28wpm, most can read this with ease and its fast enough to keep
your rates up but every now and then slow it down so others that maybe
struggling stand a chance of getting your call and giving you some extra
points!

Just a thought, now I will get my hard hat on and standby for the flack!
73

Colin G3VCQ/J38CW
www.sheffield-live.co.uk