[UK-CONTEST] ARRL CW

Dave Lawley dave at g4buo.com
Tue Feb 23 10:04:33 PST 2010

You should try calling Ws (or anyone else for that matter!) in a CW
contest with the callsign GG100RE !

This was the callsign used by Cray Valley RS for TDOTA on the Guides'
centenary. By 10.30am last Saturday we had both HF stations set up, it
was too early for 20m but to my great surprise, Ws were quite easily
workable on 40m with 100w and a dipole.

Interesting to see which ones got that awful callsign first time, and
which had to ask for repeats....due, no doubt, to QRM or QSB!

Dave G4BUO