[UK-CONTEST] ARRL CW

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Thu Feb 25 01:49:05 PST 2010

On 25 February 2010 07:38, Dennis Andrews, F5VHY <f5vhy at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> I think the term "horses for courses" really does apply. In fact, of course, there are times when I speed up to mid-
> 30s or maybe more BUT only when I feel it is going to INCREASE my scoring rate. I would never, as has been
>  suggested, speed up to diminish the number of callers.

That doesn't make sense to me - scoring rate decreases when the pileup
becomes unmanageable, if speeding up diminishes the number of callers
then it increases the scoring rate.... this is an essential tool in
maintaining rate, in my experience.

As long as it doesn't lead to excessive fills, of course, in which
case - adapt to the conditions.... drop in a slow callsign every so
often... etc. And of course, WPX/IOTA/IARU are different to WW.

Peter G4MJS (MD4K, M2A, 9M6A, G6PZ, GB7HQ etc)

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter at bowyer.org
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/peeebeee