[UK-CONTEST] Individual Short Contest Callsigns

tom wylie thomaswylie at sky.com
Thu Feb 25 09:20:29 PST 2010

I suspect that because when I raised the subject of short Contest calls
with the HFCC in the early 1990s (I think G4HCT was the then Manager) I
was told that short calls would give an advantage to some stations over
others.   I suspect that this antideluvian thinking still exists....
whilst it seems OK to have an advantage in International contests it is
seen as un-gentelmanly in local contests.   But of course I stand to be
corrected.

:-)    Tom
GM4FDM