[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW Tonight - any reports?

MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 00:17:13 PST 2010

Hi Stewart
Conditions and activity seemed good from here in the centre of Edinburgh.
I worked almost everyone I could hear with signals getting louder towards
the end.
51 Qs on my loaded 'garden special' dipole is not too bad for me!
I tried a quick experiment (in the snow) with a short vertical and a couple
of radials located at the bottom of the garden and this seemed to pick up
less local QRM so I may think about developing that over the next week or
so.  My main problem is hearing signals above the local noise so this may be
a good way to improve things.
73
Jim,  MM0BQI