[UK-CONTEST] 3G routers

Olof Lundberg olof at rowanhouse.com
Wed Jan 6 04:25:11 PST 2010

Here is a 3G router: http://www.dovado.com/ , possibly one
of the best at present.

I find UK 3G coverage below par though. You will need to
carry simcards/USB sticks for several operators if you want
reasonable coverage as you move about. Check Ofcom's tower
map http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/ to find which
operator might be best for your locations and whether they
provide UMTS/3G at that tower. Latency and jitter is also
potentially a problem if you are used to good DSL but
whether that is significant depends on what you want to push
through. Ordinary browsing/ham radio stuff shouldn't be a
problem but VOIP, remote radios and such might.

RFI shouldn't be a problem or at least no more of a problem
with this kind of gear than with other electronics.

73 de Olof G0CKV