[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC CW Tonight - any reports?

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 14:40:50 PST 2010

Others have already commented on the changeable conditions. In fact, I found
that things were going at a reasonable pace for the first 30 mins or so, but
then conditions seemed to change. At around 9pm, the previous "weak G's"
were all starting to come back, up out of the noise, for me at least on the
South Coast and my rate increased again.

I thought that I was doing reasonably OK, until I tuned around and heard
some of the much higher serials being exchanged by our colleagues in GM.

It's fascinating - looking at some of the claimed scores there are some
quite large differences in QSO totals between local stations.

In the end, I made a total of 119 Q's which is way down on the same time
last year. I was using a combination of antennae: a low horizontal loop, a
doublet and an inverted L and an FT1000MP. No one antenna was best.

Anyway, if I can dig myself out - I hope to see some of you in the AFS this
Sunday..........

73 Graham G4FNL