[UK-CONTEST] The first 144MHz UKAC of 2010

Colin Wilson colin at sheffield-live.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 08:28:16 PST 2010

Hi Happy new year to all.
Same thing happened to me I was running on a frequency until someone told me
there was a GM on the same frequency calling cq!  I turned the beam north
and heard nothing but QSY'd anyway but I must admit its not always easy to
determine if a frequency is clear or not on 2m its not like HF!
Lots of stations down south must rarely turn their beams north to see if
there is life north of Watford but on the odd occasion they do we find they
are 50 or so QSO's ahead!
70cm's next week I think so please look to the frozen North if your down
South!>
73

Colin G3VCQ/J38CW
www.sheffield-live.co.uk