[UK-CONTEST] The first 144MHz UKAC of 2010

Ian Burns ian at g0afh.com
Fri Jan 8 09:26:31 PST 2010

For the first time in many months I had no power line noise to contend
with so could hear some of the weaker stuff to the east that I'm sure
that I normally miss. Listening around before the start of the contest
conditions seemed below average with all of the beacons down on usual.
Ran for the first hour then S&P for most of the next hour. Stopped
before 22:00 due to site access restrictions.

Only one GM this time despite the antenna pointing up country for much
of the time. One EI, GD, GW, two GI's, two ON's, four PA's, 10 DL's. All
the rest G's. Some of the DL's were surprisingly strong.

Worked nothing in IO82,84,93, or 94, perhaps they were all beaming north
looking for GM's.

Finished up with 95 Q's in 22 locators.

FT1000MP, JavornikII, 400W, 2x17.

73