[UK-CONTEST] 'Ethics'

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Sun Jan 10 10:10:42 PST 2010

On 9 Jan 2010, at 17:31, Ken Eastty wrote:

> There's another issue which I feel needs resolving, this is the status
> of entries from 'Contest Groups'.
> These groups don't appear to be properly constituted clubs having
> neither regular meetings, meeting places
> or even a membership outside a small number of people taking part in
> contests.
> Whilst I have no argument with these groups taking part I believe that
> they should be in a separate section to entries from clubs
> who fulfil the above criteria, this I feel is something which the
> Contest Committee should address for both AFS and NFD.

Why?
What does it matter if a club is started just for contests, if it gets more people contesting then surely that's a good thing.

I'm acting as playing devil's advocate here because our group has been in existence for over twenty years and has only just started contesting so this wouldn't make any difference to our entry but I don't see why it would be a problem.  As long as the clubs follow the rules then why should there be a separate section for dedicated contest groups.

> I would also like to see lists of equipment and antennas used by
> entrants in contests published on the RSGB Web results page,
> this might be revealing assuming that everyone is prepared to own up to
> what amplifier they are using....

Good idea, I like that.

73
Keith