[UK-CONTEST] AFS CW - G3SVL

Chris G3SVL Chris at G3SVL.com
Sun Jan 10 11:53:01 PST 2010

Well that was fun.  Business trips have prevented me from doing the
CW leg for the past 3 years, so it was good to be back.

Cleared the snow off the 80m dipole this morning and SWR seemed
OK.  Condx seemed fair for the first 3 hours and then the band
started to fade. By 17:40 only the GM's were strong with me on the
Sussex Coast. More than a handful of stations need to look at their
switching timing - losing the first character explained the number of
N3 and N4 stns who came back to my CQ's!  Managed to hold my run freq
for over 3 hours. Nice to get calls from 2E's and M3's - with good CW
in all cases.

251 Q's with a 3, maybe 4, dupes.

See you next weekend for the phone leg.

73 Chris, G3SVL