[UK-CONTEST] OT: Military Radio Acronyms

James Hill jrh at g0fhm.net
Fri Jan 15 08:51:49 PST 2010

Rob - G4LMW wrote:
> Funny that a program all about the dead should only be available on "Living"
>
> James is G0FHM (from the look of his e-mail address)

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not appending my callsign to my email... it was sent in kind
of a hurry!

Anyway, it's all fallen a bit flat now, as they pulled a so called
"Morse Expert" out of the audience last night, and they are using him
again tonight. They gave him a key & oscillator to play with.

Good luck to them... going by last nights performance (those of you that
saw it will know what I am talking about) I'm glad I'm not going to be
involved - that's all I am prepared to say on the matter. Watch tonight
and see for yourselves!

I did offer to take the 101E with dummy load and straight key, to make
it more authentic, but it fell on deaf ears. When I pointed out the
shortcomings of the previous nights "expert" I was accused of having
sour grapes!!

Oh well, I'll be watching "Dave" at 9 tonight!

Thanks to all of you who mailed privately with offers of assistance.

James G0FHM