[UK-CONTEST] Was BERU now CQ WPX

Callum MØMCX callum at mccormick.uk.com
Sun Jan 17 16:47:05 PST 2010

Now that I'm back on my PC, I've found the new rules:

(a) Single-Transmitter (MULTI-ONE): Only one transmitted signal is permitted at any time. A maximum of ten (10) band changes may be made in any clock hour (00 through 59 minutes). For example, a change from 20 meters to 40 meters and then back to 20 meters counts as two band changes. Use a single serial number sequence for the entire log.

This is exactly what we were after a couple of years ago, however we've since moved to Multi-2 since we found the old-style Multi-1 boring. We discovered that once all the filtering was nailed for two parallel stations, we might as well run them both as Multi-2.

However, I can see that a few entrants will be well pissed off after spending time, effort and human resources into targeting and managing the old-style Multi-1 cup.

Has this rule been well publicised outside US? I don't follow contest groups so I wouldn't know.

Callum McCormick
t: 07976 631881
http://www.m0mcx.co.uk/