[UK-CONTEST] WAB 160m SSB Contest

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 30 08:29:20 PST 2010

Of course if you want to be loud and legal then 400 watts 1810 to 1850
and then 32 watts 1850 to 2000. 11dB difference QED phone is going to
remain below 1850 if the operator wants to obey the UK (and most other
EU countries) licence conditions. On the other hand top band DX chasers
and contesters back in the 60s and 70s ran the then licence maximum of
10 watts DC input with a DC to RF conversion efficiency of 1500% or more.

In big contesters the band plans are there to be ignored as they do not
make sense in a big contest situation.

David G3YYD