[UK-CONTEST] IARU Contest

Nigel G3TXF nigel at G3TXF.com
Thu Jul 8 11:40:06 PDT 2010

Hello Dave,

Yes, for the seven years that I was involved with
GB5HQ/GB7HQ, the final logs were indeed correctly parsed as
to the DXCC country of the actual GB5HQ/GB7HQ station that
you worked, before being up-loaded (separately for each
DXCC) to LoTW.

The printed GB5HQ/GB7HQ QSLs also showed the DXCC Entity (as
well as the Grid Locator and WAB Square) of the particular
station that you worked.

http://www.gb7hq.com/GB5HQ-QSL-Stats.html

This year's GR2HQ log is expected to be similarly parsed,
prior to LoTW up-load or to QSL label printing.

73 - Nigel G3TXF

-----Original Message-----
From: uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:uk-contest-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Dave
Sergeant
Sent: 08 July 2010 14:56
To: UK Contest Reflector
Subject: Re: [UK-CONTEST] IARU Contest

On 8 Jul 2010 at 13:41, Stewart Rolfe wrote:

> Must be time for your afternoon nap Paul.....the call of
the UK
> station(s) is GR2HQ.

One feature of this year's GR2HQ stations is that they are
dotted all around the UK countries - G, GI,GW,GM,GU and
possibly others, with on some bands/modes the stations
operating from different DXCC countries at different times
depending on propagation. How on earth are we to know which
DXCC to log for each QSO? - no doubt the paper cards and
possibly LOTW will show this in due course....

Some of us enter these sorts of contests just to fill band
slots, I would love to fill GI and GD on a few bands. But
there again I don't need UA1 anywhere....

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com