[UK-CONTEST] Oh that's alright then

Rob Harrison robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 11:31:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

Well the bit about beam antennas reducing the interference is fine , unless
of course the interference is in the direction of the weak wanted station
is!

I was also unaware we all use NBFM on VHF, I thought I was using SSB.

Smart notching relies on the box detecting the frequency of a nearby TX and
adjusting the notch to compensate. That assumes, that word again, that the
TX is close by and transmitting, rather than someone tuning and replying to
the calling the station. If that station is weak the notch won't come in and
there' ll be interference, which means I won't hear the station in the first
place!! Or am I misreading the situation?

Bob G8HGN