[UK-CONTEST] 4m Trophy

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 05:32:45 PDT 2010

Agree with Quin 100%.

Much more fun with the possibility of E's plus tactics and skill have a much greater part to play and that makes the contest more interesting.
The secret to success in this event is not just working lots of stations for PPKm but picking up the all important postal codes to multiply your PPKm total by. Stations thinking they've done well concentrating working lots of E's DX at the expense of UK contacts will be sadly dissapointed when the results appear. Getting drunk on DX leads to a miserable hangover!
E's throws a nice spanner in the works over non E conditions like what was experienced when the contest was held in August. To some extent, the advantage that GM, GI, GD and GU/GJ had will reduce and no one area can guarantee success one year to the next.

As an aside, I also agree with a previous suggestion of having the 6m and 4m Trophy Contest during the same weekend.....June?
This would help reduce the HF/VHF contest participation congestion that effects some around this popular time by a small factor. It would enable greater manpower resources to be shared over one weekend rather than two.

73 Ray GM4CXM