[UK-CONTEST] Generators

Ken Eastty ken.g3lvp at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 31 10:26:53 PDT 2010

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that not all portable generators appear to
have a 12Vdc O/P. Whether you're running equipment from 12VDC or 230VAC
the ability to recharge a (flat) car battery when out portable
particularity if operating from a remote location isn't a bad thing &
I'm curious to know what DC(?)voltage that 'inverter' generators produce
before converting to 230vac.

I'd never worried much about generator noise levels until we had a
complaint when running a 2.5kW generator overnight when the nearest
residence was several fields away away. I guess that the idea unit would
be one designed for the military that you can hardly hear when standing
right next to it, it shouldn't be that difficult to reduce the noise
level made by a small generator to a similar level.

73...

Ken Eastty

G3LVP