[UK-CONTEST] Small generators for portable stations

QUENTIN COLLIER q.g.collier at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 31 23:24:30 PDT 2010

A comment on the safety cut-out......at least it's failsafe. Many years ago
being young and foolish (as opposed to today's old and foolish) - I would guess
early 80s - we ran our then generator dry of oil and it seized up.That taught us
a lesson for sure. For at least a decade we had a small generator designed for
"occasional use" but it had a really tiny sump. This was fine provided you
stopped it three or four times during a 24 hour event to check the oil - and we
avoided the resultant downtime by use of a UPS.

But our new machine runs 24 hours without complaint - and it has electric start
- a major bonus for those of us of advancing years!

73,

Quin G3WRR