[UK-CONTEST] N1MM V9 to V10 upgrade

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 10:18:43 PST 2010

David Gould wrote:
>I am a recent convert to N1MM so not sure about some aspects.  I have
>read the website but the info is not clear to me.
>
>I know I have to do the base install of V10 and then the latest V10 upgrade.
>
>Do I do the V10 base install over the top of the existing V9.9 or do
>I have to uninstall first?
>(the instructions say not to uninstall but where it is written it
>could be interpreted that this only applies when doing the later V10
>upgrades over the base version)
>
>Any advice on doing the upgrade appreciated.

All versions of N1MMLogger are meant to install over the top of the
previous ones, so v10 base is installed in the usual way over whatever
version 9 you presently have, and then you only need the very latest
v10.x.y upgrade.

However, I discovered a couple of days ago that custom wav files in the
WAV subdirectory had been lost in the v9-v10 upgrade. (Fortunately they
had been included in the routine backups of logs and ini files, or else
the next club event would have been a lynching.) I will call that in as
a bug.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK