[UK-CONTEST] Off topice - Cell Site Analaysis

Peter Howson gm8gax at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Mar 6 12:28:27 PST 2010

Steve

Probably not exactly what you are looking for.

Ofcom run an online database of all Cell sites including Tetra.
Put in a postcode and all cell sites within 100 metres are shown, click on the
cell site and a table of details appears, including O/P power.

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/

Careful, it can be addictive moving around your area, particularly finding those
microcell sites tucked away in seemingly innocuous places.

Also, a few years ago Ofcom (the RCA as it was) carried out site surveys of
hospitals and schools, I managed to get them to extend their remit and do a
survey of a large University where we had 4 rooftop installations within 500
metres. They were very helpful and produced an excellent report which went a
long way in alleviating health concerns over radiation. These reports were
published on the web and, whilst I have not looked for them recently, they are
probably still there.

73

Peter
GM8GAX