[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth Contest VP2MCC Montserrat

Nick Totterdell ntotterdell at riverauto.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 03:24:38 PST 2010

A quick plug for the Commonwealth Contest next weekend from 10am Sat 13
March to 10am Sun 14 March.

If all goes to plan, I will be active from Montserrat VP2M in the
contest so if you need this country for DXCC on any of the contest bands
80m to 10m please call during the contest. Based on last year's contacts
I would estimate the likelihood of propagation from the UK to be as
follows:

80m 0000-0700 Sun
40m 2100-2300 Sat and 0400-1000 Sun
20m 1100-2100 Sat
15m 1400-1700 Sat
10m not impossible but don't hold your breath (I will certainly have the
occasional look!)

There will be at least three other Caribbean stations active, so please
do look in that direction - Colin on honeymoon at J38CW, Dave at J88DR,
Bob at J6/G3PJT.

Putting aside team loyalties, this is also a splendid opportunity to
work VK, ZL and west-coast Canada on 80m without competition from
European big-guns.

73 Nick G4FAL