[UK-CONTEST] BERU GM0NAI Open 12Hr

Jim Fisher gm0nai at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 15 10:43:35 PDT 2010

My first real attempt at BERU and very enjoyable.

Lots of good DX with good receivers.

Thanks to all for the QSOs especially the travelers.

Blew it on the 12 hours time off strategy by selecting the first and last
2hrs

When 10m was probably at its bestL

For some reason the beverage to NA didn't work too well.

I hope the cows haven't eaten the termination resistor again.

It is clear I need  a quickly switchable RX antenna for the low bands.

Any comments on the K9AY loop as an option? Or other suggestions?

I can only get temporary beverages up when there are no animals

In the field next door. The NA beverage is the only fixed one.

Frequently beaten to the punch by POI and FAM.

Congrats to both Clive and Cris with nice serials when last heard.

Seemed to find the new stations at just the same times quite often.

BAND   QSO DUP DXC  HQ  POINTS BONUS   AVG

   80    39   0  24   3     195   680 22.44

   40    78   0  31   6     390  1220 20.64

   20    90   1  36   6     450  1220 18.56

   15    43   0  26   3     215   740 22.21

   10     3   0   2   1      15    60 25.00

TOTAL   253   1 119  19    1265  3920 20.49

            TOTAL SCORE : 5 185

Need to enter the 24hrs next time so I don't miss anything.

Congratulations also to Keith YXI on a nice score even without the 10m
opening.

73

Jim

GM0NAI