[UK-CONTEST] External Sound Card advice

David Gould dave at g3ueg.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 07:17:00 PDT 2010

I have now tried two PCs (1 laptop, 1 desktop) whose soundcards do
not have the functionality required to run N1MMs DVK facility.  The
problem is the inability to mute the mic input when playing a .wav file.

I guess a Microham interface is the Rolls-Royce solution, but has
anyone got any experience or recommendations for an off-the-shelf
**external**  (preferably USB)  soundcard that has the required facilities.

Are there any issues to be wary of when  using an external sound card
rather than the inbuilt one?

73,
Dave, G3UEG