[UK-CONTEST] Buried cables

Simon Jude simon at simonjude.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 14:38:27 PDT 2010

Hi Clive,
Like you I had problems with critters eating my cables, and other
family members mowing or tractoring over my cables!  I ended up
burrying 2 runs of thin RG58 (yes, I realise this is poor quality, but
I couldn't go drilling holes in walls for thick cables) a few inches
below the grass between the house and the shed where my balun is
mounted.  I had an old hosepipe which I split with a knife and fed the
cables into that to give it a bit of added protection.  Other than one
of the cables going duff on me (I should have checked before burrying
it), I've had no problems and is neat and tidy.  This solution is only
temporary, so long term degredation isn't an issue for me.

73

Simon