[UK-CONTEST] Monobanders and height

Don Field don.field at gmail.com
Sun May 2 06:33:01 PDT 2010

Don't know about a 3-ele monobander, but I have vivid recollections of a
situation on 20m at G0KPW some years ago. I was running West Coast long-path
on the main antenna (5-ele monobander at 100ft). Dave G4BUO was bored at the
mult station and decided to listen to my pile-up - mult station was a very
respectable TH-5 at 60ft. I recall Dave telling me at the time that he was
hearing very few of the US stations I was working. Distance between run and
mult station antennas can't have been more than maybe 50 yards or so, so the
difference was down to the antennas and/or their heights.

Don G3XTT