[UK-CONTEST] New Contest Info

Robin Thompson robin at g3tkf.co.uk
Wed May 26 06:28:23 PDT 2010

Yes indeed ... DSB .
"Mass" sounds like 100s ... think it was around a total of 20 over a couple
of sessions. Don't think anyone actually added CW - even as an afterthought
- shame really!

If anyone is interested - the video about the event is here
http://www.batc.tv/channel.php?ch=1   (Under QRP project)   It started out
being MUCH better quality (I am slightly biased as I was pretty heavily
involved in the production ;-)  .... and a DVD is available if any clubs
want to view for their own project  !

Robin
G3TKF
(with apologies if this is getting a little O/T !)

. A fun event !

> >> BATH BUILDATHON CONTEST RULES 2010
> >>
> >>Background: This contest is primarily intended to activate the radios
> >>built
> >>at the Bath Buildathon events but is open to all UK radio amateurs.
> >>Stations
> >>may be operated from any fixed location within the UK; operation from a
> >>vehicle or as a pedestrian is permitted, as is Maritime Mobile, so long
as
> >>you stay put during each session!
> >>
> >>When: There are seven sessions over the course of a week. Stations may
> >>take
> >>part in as many sessions as they wish:
> >>14:00 to 16:00UTC, Sunday 30th May
> >>18:00 to 20:00UTC, Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June inclusive
> >>10:00 to 12:00UTC, Saturday 5th June
> >>
> >>Band & Mode: 80m telephony contacts only. Suggested frequency range is
> >>3.60-3.70MHz.
> >>
> >>Power limit: QRP only (maximum ten watts pep output from transmitter).
> >>
> >>Contacts: Any QSO with another voice station is allowed. Duplicates only
> >>count once per session.
> >>
> >>Equipment: Any QRP radio equipment may be used but bonus points are
> >>awarded
> >>for using homebrew equipment. Only one radio may be used each session.
> >>
> >>Call: `CQ Bath Builders Contest'
> >>
> >>Exchange: Signal Report (RS), TRX make & model, and output power.
> >>
> >>Scoring per QSO:
> >>With a QRO station (over 10W) = 1 point.
> >>With a factory built QRP station (max 10W) = 10 points.
> >>With a homebrew QRP station (max 10W) = 20 points.
> >>With a the `BBC' (Bath Buildathon Crew; G0FUW, G3VTO, G4YTN) = 50
points.

> >>Bonus Points:
> >>Entrants using homebrew transceivers = add 100 points to total.
> >>
> >>Multiplier: Your total points per session will be multiplied by the
number
> >>of stations you worked who were using Brendon transceivers constructed
at
> >>one of the Bath Buildathon events. Note: the adjudicators will apply the
> >>multiplier after the contest.
> >>
> >>Entries: Separate RSGB-style log sheets for each session. A separate
> >>RSGB-style cover sheet stating radio(s) and the output power used during
> >>contest. Entries to G0FUW by post or e-mail (details correct in RSGB
> >>Yearbook and QRZ.com) to arrive by Friday 25 June 2010. Cross-checking
of
> >>logs and adjudication will be carried out by the `BBC'.
> >>
> >>Awards: The leading station on each evening will receive a certificate.
> >>The
> >>leading station taken over all seven sessions will receive a certificate
> >>and
> >>a voucher worth £50 off any Walford Electronics kit (no cash alternative
> >>will be offered). Results will be announced and awards presented at the
> >>Walford Electronics `QRP in the country' event at Upton Bridge Farm,
Long
> >>Sutton, Langport, Somerset, TA10 9NJ on 18th July 2010.
> >>
> >>Enquiries: any questions about the contest should be sent to G0FUW,
QTHR.