[UK-CONTEST] Fwd: SSB Field Day Results

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Wed Nov 3 06:01:46 PDT 2010

On 3 November 2010 12:04, Ščŏţţŷŷ Ţħē Ƥŕēţēʼnđēŕ ϻčŀĕϻāń
<scottmcleman100 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the station in question with so many spots towards us, yes that would be my father, who infact has  nothing to do with the team what so ever and hasnt been involvd with our operations for over 5 years, we see over every contest throughout the year self  spotting and cheerleading from stations all over the world, not just in the UK, but i daresay that it happens quite a lot here too..
> So i am rather perplexed why we should receive a points deduction, when firstly the station involved has nothing to do with us regardless wether he is my father or not! and secondly when we have no internet access in the field how are we meant to know this at the time and advise them to stop etc.
> Maybe im just confused and too  far behind in the "changes" and  "laws" in radio and contesting now.

Who was doing the spotting using your other callsign, then? If you -
then it's self-spotting. If someone else - it's intentional
cheerleading, intending to distract the casual viewer from the
intensity thereof. Or is there some other explanation? Does your
father habitually borrow your callsign to use on the DX Cluster?

Peter G4MJS