[UK-CONTEST] Club Calls

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Nov 14 07:55:26 PST 2010

On 14/11/2010 13:28, geoff plucknett wrote:
> This contest has its own particular challenges

> The way ahead for logging is therefore many fold;

It seems to me this contest has been compromised
by suggesting Preferred Club Names as an integral
part of the rules.  In effect, it means entrants
no longer have to copy and/or log exactly what was
sent, they just have to identify the Club and log
the preferred abbreviation - assuming, of course,
something other than the preferred abbreviation
was sent in the first place.

Once abbreviations are permitted, the original intent
goes out the window, and you might as well use more
efficient (shorter) abbreviations - then all contest
loggers could support this event.

73,
Paul EI5DI