[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 21 / 28MHz Contest 2010

Mike Pemberton mike.pemberton at talktalk.net
Tue Oct 5 13:06:50 PDT 2010

Hi all,

well I did have a listen and had a few QSOs on 15m but nothing much seemed to be audible on my very simple antennas.
It is a pity because I really used to like this contest.

Unfortunately I am not sure the rest of the world wants to work UK and UK districts any more and maybe a 21/28 contest with more international appeal would help. Multipliers for UK districts and higher points for UK stations too perhaps (a la IOTA island stations) but with an all work all format may be more popular. The danger is all contests start to look alike. We lost the 7 MHz contests because the work G stations format (amongst other reasons). It would be a pity to lose another unique RSGB event by not moving with the times. I quite liked the "mixed or single mode" improvement of a few years ago but that obviously did not hit the spot and bring back big numbers of stations outside the UK.

Please try to keep this event in the calendar even if we have to change the format a little to popularise it.

Like many others with non-radio interests the prospect of almost dead 21/28 lost out to other activities again this year.

Only my thoughts and I know this one has been around the buoy with the contest committee a few times.

73

Mike G4DDL