[UK-CONTEST] The contest "exchange".... [OT]

Phil Daniells, GJ4CBQ gj4cbq at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:48:07 PDT 2010

On 07/10/2010 22:34, Dave Sharred wrote:

> PS - I know a lot about the Worked all Chip shops, which was an anti-award
> "joke" by some of the folk in the Midlands in the late 1970's!! Was a bit of
> fun !!!

It wasn't so much 'anti-award', more a reaction against being asked by
some WAB enthusiasts to "..just go to the next square".

This, at times, was quite annoying, especially when it quite obviously
would require a significant change to ones journey plan.  Going to the
next chip shop seemed a far better idea.  My waistline seems to have
recovered!

Driving to the next square for the purposes of the CQ Field Award could
amount to quite a diversion!

73,

Phil, GJ4CBQ.