[UK-CONTEST] SSB Ropoco

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 10:38:45 PDT 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect for the first SSB RoPoCo contest. I can
remember my trepidation beforehand when I entered the first ever RoPoCo.
Anyway, this new one seemed to work out OK. I think that the contest
committee are to be congratulated on trying out something new, and trying to
redress the imbalance between CW and SSB contests.

Last night, activity levels were slightly higher than the older style
contest too - but not dramatically so. I have to admit that I had a couple
of gaping holes in my log during the last 20 mins, where I failed to make
QSOs - possibly because I had worked the band 'dry'.   I ended up with 74Qs
- and my grateful thanks to you  for each one.

73 Graham G4FNL