[UK-CONTEST] Planning Traumas in Lincolnshire - last week of consultation

Nick Totterdell ntotterdell at riverauto.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 01:44:15 PDT 2011

It is quite amazing how much opposition can be drummed up by only two neighbours. It's now 47 Against and 45 For - 43 of the 47 against are a duplicated sheet that has been taken from door to door in the entire village. Most of the villagers are as unlikely to see these aerials as you are.

The majority of the immediate neighbours are not opposed and I have a good relationship with them but two have been opposed from the minute we bought the house and they started this planning process by writing to the council to complain almost before we had had a chance to introduce ourselves.

The consultation period has been extended and this is supposed to be the final week. This is likely to come before the full council planning meeting in June. By then many  of the councillors will be newly elected so what effect that will have is uncertain. In my previous experience the "window" for comments is left open for an extended period. Many thanks to everyone who has made a comment to date - it really is appreciated. If you haven't done this then please consider doing so today - just a single sentence of support would help.

See http://www.theddlethorpe.org.uk/planning.htm - you can read all the comments to date on the East Lindsey website by following the links.

Many thanks Nick G4FAL