[UK-CONTEST] 70mhz 4cx250 amp

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 01:17:14 PDT 2011

Hi

I know a lot of folks use a single 4cx250 on 70mhz in NFD etc.   Does anyone here have any design notes, particularly on the input and output circuits.  Despite having two successful homebrew amps for 6 and 2, I'm having difficulty getting this right for 4M, particularly the input circuit.   I'm interested in LC details and what RFCs you're using.

I've tried the input circuit from http://www.qsl.net/g3uvr/4cx250/4cx250.htm  but can't seem to get it to match at all.

I'm sure I'll get there if I mess around long enough, but I'm a bit stretched time wise at the moment.   As an alternative, if anyone had a working 4M amp they no longer had a use for and wanted to sell, I might be interested!

73
Andy
gm8oeg