[UK-CONTEST] 70 MHz 4CX250B Linear

Ken Eastty ken.g3lvp at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 21 14:35:47 PDT 2011

Hi Andy,

 From memory mine uses a passive grid arrangement. I have about 20W
available from the H/Brew Xvter which is sufficient to produce 160W O/P
however I'm not very happy with the Pi O/P circuit as the efficiency
seems much lower & runs hotter than my single 4CX250B 2m linear which
uses a tuned line and works very well. Apparently some people use 2 x
4CX250's on 4m, maybe mine isn't so inefficient after all.
Perhaps one of these days I'll try a tuned line on 4m but it will have
to be folded it it's to go in the original case.

73...

Ken

G3LVP