[UK-CONTEST] G3GPO

Clive Whelan clive at gw3njw.net
Thu Apr 28 16:29:43 PDT 2011

Steve

It was not listed in the 1959 call book.

I am given to wonder if it indeed was ever issued, as I suspect they
were the issuing authoity back then.

In 1959 there were two RAEs, one held by C&G ( SK?) and t'other by said
GPO ( defintely SK), which I in fact took in October 1958, although it
took me until March '59 to get the CW in the same office. Funny isn't
it, when you are 16 you can do anything, well except vote or buy a pint
of beer. Shhhh, don't tell anybody but I did buy a pint before I was 18,
although I swear I didn't look more than 16! These days most 15 year
olds look 18; we should never have come out of the trees imo, cave
dwelling ain't what it's cracked up to be. I don't know what the world's
coming to honestly I don't :-(

73

Clive
GW3NJW