[UK-CONTEST] BT Infinity

David G3YYD g3yyd at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 16 04:22:11 PDT 2011

Does anyone have experience of the EMC compatibility of this product
with high power contesting? Both good and bad.

With the normal BT Broadband I had to design, make and install a 1MHz
cut off LPF on the line going to the router. Without it on the low bands
the modem retrained to a very low download speed.

BT Infinity still uses tones on the normal phone pair coming into the
house but from a roadside cabinet which is fibre fed. To get its higher
(40MB/S) speed I presume the bandwidth on the line must go higher than
1MHz. Hence the question asked.

Also anyone had problems with Vigin Media "fibre" broadband?

73 David G3YYD