[UK-CONTEST] CW Open contest - session 1

G4FNL g4fnl at bubloz.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 11:39:09 PDT 2011

I've just taken part in the first of the three sessions of the new CW Open
contest. Unfortunately, it coincided with the Russian RDA contest and was
consequently difficult to see the "wood for the trees". At least that how it
seemed to me. I wonder whether anyone else from the UK took part - and what
your feelings for the contest are?  I made a pathetic 95 Qs over the four
hour period in the 100W section (less than 25/hour). I heard USA stations
swapping serial numbers of 200+ but I couldn't hear any Europeans with such
high scores.  I wish the contest well but I might have to think twice about
operating next time.

73 Graham G4FNL