[UK-CONTEST] Fwd: Changes to the CC and the Sprint for 2012.

Ian Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Mon Dec 12 04:09:19 PST 2011

With apologies to Dave Sergeant, this was meant to go to the reflector and
not to him personally!

73 Ian
--
Ian J Maude, G0VGS
SysOp GB7MBC & HB9DRV-9 DX Clusters

Whilst I appreciate everyone's eagerness to challenge themselves, I cannot
understand why making it more complex will increase the amount of people
taking part.  I find the sprints fun to compete in, regardless of whether
the name 'sprint' is correct or not.  I have not been as active in them
this year due to a S9 floor level which OFCOM are battling with on 80m but
I still think it is a fun evening and so do our members who can take part
without the normal pressures of a contest.  This in turn gives them
confidence and they get better in the standard contests because of it.
If we had to keep changing modes either after each QSO or every 30 minutes,
you can count me out for one.

73 Ian