[UK-CONTEST] OT W-8681-MKII Wireless Weather Station from W&S

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Sat Dec 17 02:32:25 PST 2011

I'm afraid not, only 3 replies, but 1 said magic, one said ok after you've ensured it's watertight, and the other hasn't had very good experiences with that and a similar model - but making it watertight may have helped there.

Seems they work ok for 12 - 18 months and then start playing up - refunds should be possible, even outside of the guarantee (the Sale of Goods Act says retailers must replace or repair FOC within a reasonable period of use, and 18 months is not a reasonable period of use for something like this - I'd say 5 years was min.)

Looks like the supplied software is rubbish and the consensus is to use some free s/w called Cumulas.

So I think it's a case of give it a try to see - these units are pretty low down on the scale of cost - I looked at some that were £1000+, thats way out of my league.

I think I might buy the one from Nevada, they supply a solar panel and rechargeables for the sensor, along with a touch screen control - http://tinyurl.com/c5xyqm6

73 de M0XDF