[UK-CONTEST] OT W-8681-MKII Wireless Weather Station from W&S

Don Field don.field at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 04:00:33 PST 2011

I bought the Watson one when RSGB did an offer. Like Colin, I am far from
convinced of its accuracy, etc. but it gives some basic info.

I recall discussing with John G3WGV (not sure if John is on this reflector)
who flies light aircraft and therefore has an interest in good wx info. He
has installed, at his home, a "proper" wx station, which means his results
are comparable with data put out by the Met office. But the kit is much
more pricey and has to be installed according to the correct guidelines
(height above ground, etc). Anything else effectively qualifies as an
interesting "toy" I suspect.

Don G3XTT