[UK-CONTEST] Problem with M5 muts count on the entry robot

Chris G4FZN ukcontest at mailbox01.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 10:24:43 PST 2011

It was me wot did it! Hope my appearance as F/G4FZN/P from JO00 didn't cause
you to burn too much midnight oil amending the entry robot, Peter! If there
was a UK station also in JO00, then I didn't hear him.

I did remind a few stations that I wasn't a multiplier, however someone said
that since I had a UK callsign (albeit in France), then I did count as a
multiplier! I rather think not.

Pauline, G8HQW and I were returning home from a business trip to Frankfurt,
and due to be on the Calais-Dover car ferry first thing in the morning. What
better way to await a ferry than a couple of hours on the 144MHz UKAC?

Sadly, there wasn't time to get to the higher Boulogne location (which we
used for VHF NFD), so we parked up car and caravan at the Aire des Deux Caps
(150m asl) on the A16 southbound, and set up the station up there.

It was foggy, wet and much (audio) QRM from the refrigeration units of the
lorries parked up for the night. I was disappointed not to work further
north - apart from GD8EXI who must have a very low noise location or
receiver as I could only just copy Richard, and I was only running 25w. I
also think I heard G4KUX in County Durham, but it wasn't his frequency and
he got away.

One question, will my points gained as F/G4FZN/P count toward the year end
points with those earned operating from in the UK?

73,

Chris,
G4FZN