[UK-CONTEST] [3830] ARRLDX CW G6PZ(GI0RTN) SOAB HP

Roger G3SXW g3sxw at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 22 08:43:50 PST 2011

CQ World-Wide contest has 32 categories: out of some 13,000 logs one third are awarded a certificate. RSGB's IOTA contest is famed for it's extensive categories: island/non-island; single/multi operator; single/mixed mode; three power levels; 24/12 operating hours; expedition/non-expedition; WPX contest has 40 categories, including 'Tribander/Single Element', and 'Rookie'.

None of these major contests has a category for 'Operating in a valley with an indoor mobile whip'. Surely winning encompasses the aspiration to build a station over time - it's not just operating skills. The only 'new blood' to be put off are those who expect to win at their first try: instant-gratification!
73 de Roger/G3SXW.