[UK-CONTEST] 3rd Jan 80m CC [CW]

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Jan 4 03:00:44 PST 2011

On 4 Jan 2011 at 9:46, Chris  G3SVL wrote:

> Conditions seemed OK, some weak and watery sigs and heavy QSB so a few
> repeats needed.  Good to see some slower CW - hopefully they will stick
> with it and enjoy the mode.
>
> 114 Q's  -  Inv V centre @ 40ft ends @ 15ft  -  FT1000  -  N1MM  -
> Club: CDXC

Incredible difference what a few miles makes. Here in Bracknell
virtually no G stations were audible in the first 40 minutes and I
nearly gave up. Then the band opened, though obviously not wide open as
I was struggling with my 5W. Ended up with a miserable 49 QSOs. But
some people were giving me incredibly high serials early on so clearly
there was propagation for some. All I can say is conditions were not as
diabolical as the critical frequency would indicate.

K2, low 65ft longwire, 5W, QRP.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com