[UK-CONTEST] 3rd Jan 80m CC [CW]

Ian Pritchard g3wvg at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 5 10:02:38 PST 2011

Hello All

Interesting conditions throughout the 80m CC.  I had expected the band to be pretty poor for inter UK QSOs throughout the contest but for me (in Surrey ) it improved dramatically in the last 45 mins or so.   Today I did a search on the "reverse beacon network comparison tool"  comparing signal strengths of various  high scoring stations (posted on logs received) as received throughout the 90 minutes at various reception points around Europe.  Fascinating stuff.  It would be very interesting to see what antennas everyone was using.   Most of the stations had comparable patterns of signal strengths but  there were some anomalous results. with a very small number of stations exhibiting as much as a 10db advantage over others.

Check it out at    http://www.reversebeacon.net/analysis/

73 Ian G3WVG