[UK-CONTEST] 3rd Jan 80m CC [CW]

Chris Tran GM3WOJ zl1ct1 at gm7v.com
Wed Jan 5 12:28:16 PST 2011

Hi Jonathan et al

The RBN data is interesting. I downloaded the 'raw data' and sorted it with
Excel (there are 90000 lines for 3/1/2011 so had to get rid of the first 2/3
of the file before I could import it)
I then looked at UK-stations SNR for DL0LBS (near the OK border), DK9IP
(near F/LX) and EI6IZ.

I am about 900km from London, so it is interesting how a few UK signals are
much stronger here
than the rest of the stations - setting aside any antenna/site/propagation
variations.

Having said that, I don't think one set of data is sufficient to draw any
conclusions - maybe
averaging over the series of contests would be more valid.

Anyone know what antennas are used at EI6IZ, DL0LBS and DK9IP ?

I was using a single full-size vertical with 2 elevated radials and a ground
mat.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ