[UK-CONTEST] 3rd Jan 80m CC [CW]

Danny Higgins danny.higgins at keme.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 13:42:27 PST 2011

Hi Ian.

I too was expecting long skip as usual for the January leg of the contest,
especially after working VK3IO at the bottom end of the band before the
contest.  I didn't notice a dip in inter-G propagation here in NE Hampshire
and at one point the run rate was at 150/hr.  I ran for 90% of the contest
and was called by 17 DXCC countries.  Total was 125 using an IC761, 100W to
an 80m dipole up at 35 feet (half of it buried in tree branches).  Looking
forward to the next data and CW legs, but not SSB - too many stations in too
small a space.

73, Danny G3XVR