[UK-CONTEST] 80m CW AFS

Steve Knowles g3ufy at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 15:50:33 PST 2011

Hi Dave

Because all stations competing in the 80m AFS events are considered to be
multi-op (even if there may actually only be one operator), there is no
objection to the (passive) use of skimmer or any other technology to assist
a station (inferred from General Rules 4e and 6b).

However, cluster self-spotting by any operator is always forbidden (General
Rules 4f).  Additionally, as in the Field Days, the practice of spotting
particular club stations by members of the same club operating other
stations (or perhaps not taking part at all) is considered to be not within
the spirit of the event and may result in the club concerned being
penalised - the Contests Committee may check cluster logs if malpractice is
suspected.

The noise level here has been below S7 for nearly two days now - guess I may
be able to risk running tomorrow ... but I'm sure we will meet, whatever.
Good luck to everyone.

Vy 73

Steve
G3UFY