[UK-CONTEST] January 70cm UKAC

Eddie G0EHV g0ehv at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 13 07:46:17 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray James" <gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk>
To: "UK Contesting" <uk-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:04 PM
Subject: [UK-CONTEST] January 70cm UKAC

> In the first hour or so stations in JO01, JO02, IO91 and IO92 netted IO75
> for a multiplier and in the majority of occasions they were aircraft
> assisted contacts. Some very impressive serial numbers were receievd so
> the band was really buzzing elsewhere.
> As far as I was aware, 8 GM's were active though I think both GM8IEM
> (IO78) and GM3GG (IO97) were unable to make any or few contacts.
> I only managed one contact in the last 40 minutes despite much CQ'ing and
> tuning about.
>
> My QSO map can be found at
> http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://www.rsgbcc.org/vhf/kml_files/2011/hPmRLUr7j84FPy7iJmad2V1kaXH9J3f
>
> 73 Ray GM4CXM IO75TW
> 120w 2x23 MGF-1402 LNA

Hello Ray,
No IO93, 95 or 84 then?
Activity in NE England is cr*p - sorry "very low"!
I wasn't out /P as the wx was not forecast to be fine, as it happens it was
fairly dry and low winds so I could have got out after all.

I'm hoping to get out /P from next month (IO84 preferred), bands I'll be
most interested in will be 70, 432 and at last 1296!
I'm awaiting a brick from Holland to get some power on 1296 so hopefully
will have 100 watts, reasonable preamp  and 35 element Tonna, maybe x2 later
in year. No KST so I'll be calling CQ a lot!

Hopefully catch you on the UKAC's,
Eddie