[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 80m CC SSB condx

Ian Trusson ian.trusson at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 14 03:12:43 PST 2011

Graham

Similar slow at the start of the contest here, but the band switched on for
inter G much later up here in West Berks compared with your QTH in Brighton.
Most of my QSOs were in the last 30 minutes of the contest. 21 QSOs in first
half hour, 35 in second half hour, then 85 in the third half hour.

Because the band switched later here, that probably explains why you were so
far ahead of me when we worked at about 2100. I think the further south you
are the better for the January CCs. Mind your score was nearly matched or
beaten by stations to the north of you which does not fit so well with my
theory.

73
Ian, G3RVM

QSOs.
> Most people that I worked at the start made some comment about how hard it
> was.
>

> There were some big signals from Europe - and one or two of the regular G
> stations were quite strong - but the majority were fairly weak and watery.
> was ready to throw in the towel after 10mins - with just 9 Qs in the log.
I tried
> running - but no takers - so went S&P for another 10mins. 20mins into the
> contest, I think that propagation must have suddenly changed. Did anyone
else
> notice that? I managed to find a clear freq and had a terrific time for
40mins,
> with short duration rates of nearly 300/hour until it dried up again. More
S&P,